EHC LifeBuilders operates eight housing and shelter sites across Santa Clara County. Our clients are chronically homeless individuals, families with children, veterans, and youth. Some quick facts about our work:
- EHC LifeBuilders’ Boccardo Reception Center (BRC) is the largest homeless service center in Santa Clara County. It operates year-round, 24 hours a day, providing shelter and transitional housing as well as a wide array of critical services.
- At the BRC, we offer the most comprehensive set of services for homeless veterans in Santa Clara County, including mental health counseling, employment services, emergency shelter, transitional housing, and support for families of veterans who are at risk of homelessness.
- We are the lead agency coordinating services for Housing 1000, a collaborative of government and nonprofits addressing the housing and service needs of the long-term homeless and vulnerable population. We also coordinate outreach to people living on the streets and in encampments in collaboration with the City of San Jose and other providers.
- We operate two family living centers in Santa Clara and San Martin, which together provide 75 units of housing and supportive services for homeless families.
- We operate a shelter for youth in downtown San Jose and also provide support and financial assistance to youth living in the community who have aged out of the foster care system.
- For more than 20 years, we have been the sole provider of cold weather shelter for Santa ClaraCounty at three locations including the BRC.
Learn more about our programs:
- Programs for the Chronically Homeless
- Programs for Families with Children
- Programs for Veterans
- Programs for Youth
You can also download our latest fact sheet.